As the library works through the effects of the pandemic, we are reopening in phases.
The library is now open on all levels.
Our new hours for the summer are Monday and Wednesday from 10:00 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Social distancing and special sanitizing measures will also be in place.
In an effort to provide as much safety as possible the library is . . .
· Requesting anyone who is sick stay home.
· Notifying everyone that our water fountain are unavailable at this time.
· Reinforcing our policy that all children age nine and under must be attended to by an adult. Children 10 and older must be able to follow directions and policies.
· Limiting the number of public computers to four, with the usage also limited to one hour per day. Staff will also need time to disinfect all computers between patrons.
· Requesting patrons only touch items they intend to check out.
· We are offering meeting spaces for groups of 4 or less at this time.
· Offering to go services by calling 712-623-6516
Please note that should the library be required to close again due to COVID 19 by the STATE, CITY, or local PUBLIC HEALTH AGENCY, we will close.
We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding as we slowly work our way back to full service.
FREE COVID COUNSELING:
Anxiety, loneliness, anger and sense of loss are all perfectly normal reactions Iowans are having to the COVID-19 pandemic. But this crisis doesn’t affect everyone in the same way. You may feel fine and confident one day and overwhelmed the next. Your family members and colleagues may feel things differently – and at different times – than you. Sometimes we just need someone else to listen.
The state of Iowa has announced a new program to help Iowans cope. COVID Recovery Iowa offers free, confidential counseling to any Iowan who wants it. The program is also offering a number of activities, including yoga, cooking classes, parent resources and more, to help Iowans through this stressful time. As part of the programming there are virtual support groups for parents and for pre-teens. Find out more by emailing Chelsea.Siefken@pathwaysb.org
To find out more about COVID Recovery Iowa, go to covidrecoveryiowa.org, or simply call 844-775-WARM to be connected to resources. Remember, the virtual counseling sessions are free, confidential, and available to every Iowan.
Coronavirus and Communicating links below: