Read how this library was established and how it has evolved to become such an important part of our community.
- Before the current library was built, a small circulating library (692 books) was opened in a room at the old Houghton State Bank.
- The Red Oak Public Library is an Andrew Carnegie library, constructed in 1909
- The Herbert C Lane Memorial addition was dedicated in 1924, the Virginia Kelly Addition was added in 1959 and a new addition and renovation took place in 2009.
- In May, 1983, ROPL was listed as an Iowa Historic Site on the National Register of Historic Places
- Interested in more history? Check out Iowa Historical Society.